DENVER RAILS PICTURE OF THE DAY FOR 06/10/2019
In 1908, Medicine Mound, was established along the KCM&O rr. By 1929 with a population around 500, it thrived during the early heyday of railroads. But the Depression, the "Dust Bowl Thirties", a 1932 devastating town site fire, and school consolidations drove it to extinction. In 1994 the "doodlebug" as the KCM&O train was called, made its last trip between Sweetwater and Chillicothe, the tracks were abandoned, and in 1996 only twelve people remained in the once prosperous town.
Picture by Rich A. on 09/13/2013
From QUANAH COMBO DEPOT